Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stress, overload and remedies

I'm seriously considering going on a "household items" spending freeze until we use everything here.  Today when I looked above the washer/dryer I saw:

1 giant bottle of dishsoap (the brother of the one under the sink
1 giant bottle of Lysol all purpose cleaner (the sister of the one under the sink)
2 giant bottles of fabric softener
2 giant bottles of Tide
3 boxes of Swiffers

And then I pulled the drawers out from under the washer and dryer.  Both giant drawers are full.

See the trend?  Shopping at Costco = GIANT everything.  Everywhere.

I'm actually the one that buys such GIANT things because I hate running out of stuff.

However, today I'm feeling overwhelmed with it.  Probably because the last of my belongings have been moved and the garage is incredibly full..  Which leads me to feeling overwhelmed.  With stuff.j

Bob begs me to quit buying food and supplies constantly.  The large amount of stuff is driving him nuts as well.

My desk at work is starting to remind me of our garage.  Ickiness.

Moving on...

We are only going to counseling once a month now.  I think we are in a good place.  There are still days that I get frustrated but for the most part we are able to talk things through.  Truly, the biggest problem of late seems to be lack of time.  On Monday, I got home at 6:30ish.  Tuesday it was 7:30ish.  Wednesday 10ish and Thursday 10:30ish.  Well...that means Bob is in bed.  And we don't usually talk during the day.  On Wednesdays we usually talk on my way to teach my class. 

The kids seem to have adjusted to their routine and all seems amazingly normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment