Tuesday, January 25, 2011

As Good As It Gets

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day; we were pondering the question, "Is this as good as it gets?"

My answer:  I don't know.  I think I'm at a stage in life where I'm wondering what it is all about.  My son is almost grown.  For so long, my purpose in life was him.  Teaching him.  Showing him.  Raising him.  And now?  Now, he is driving and for all intents and purposes, he is independent.  Granted, he relies on me for gas money until he gets a job but he makes good decisions.  I'm done, except for the policing part.

So what's left?  Is this when I finally get to do what I want?  And wow...what is it that I want to be when I grow up?  My friend is in her 50s and is still asking herself that question. 

I guess it's time to get my 5 year plan paper out of my wallet and take another gander at it.  And for the first time in my 40 year history, I will be making these plans with a partner.  Ugh.  I think in the adjustment phase of our relationship, this is what I struggle with the most.  Actually having to consult someone else instead of it just being my way.  It's a new thing for me. 

In other less philosophical news:  the newest tasing subject.  AHA!  Yep, I've been pretty lenient in my tasing desires.  But alas, someone has earned my tasing attention.  And actually what I decided for this person was that he needed to be beaten with a stupid stick.  Because he just needs the stupid beaten out of him. Seriously, when you are so stupid that stupid people look at you and think, "Dude is stupid!" -- you are stupid.   When I have to tell you the answer to your question no less than 8 times -- not because you didn't hear me, but because you refuse to believe the answer, you are stupid.  When you insist on taking the question higher than me because again you don't believe the answer, you are stupid.  And when the higher than me gives you the same answer and you continue to argue, you are stupid.  I wonder if stupid knows how much of my time he wasted yesterday being stupid?  Sigh.  The really sad this is...he has bred.  Yep, there are little stupids out there.  Poor things.

No comments:

Post a Comment