Thursday, January 6, 2011

Don't Leave your Earplugs around water

Yeah.  They soak up the water that mysteriously rolls off the glass...in winter...I get that glasses "sweat" in the summer but not in the winter.  But the moral of today's story is if you leave your earplugs on the nightstand and you leave your glass there sweating to the oldies, your earplus will soak up the water and you won't be able to put them in your ears without getting swimmer's ear.  And you won't get any sleep.  And then you will want to tase someone.  See?  That's how this works.

I think I'm going to blog every day about the object of my tasing desire for that day.  Maybe one day, I will actually go an entire day without having the desire to tase anyone.  Ehhhh...maybe in a perfect world.

Today, I had a very long conference call.  And at the end of the call, during the wrap up by the ginormous, bignormous boss...two coworkers come in my office and start ranting.  "I'm on a call..." "Yeah, but you have to fix this right now!"  "I'm on a call, I will deal with you in a few minutes."  "NO, you must do this right now."  I was so angry I actually had to grit my teeth and then said, "Leave. Now. I'm trying to listen."  The offending party came back to apologize and I said, "I wanted to punch you in the head.  Don't ever do that again."  He/she/they are tase object number 1 and 2 respectively for the day.

At my other job...the teaching job....uhhhh yeah.  Last week's assignment was to do an outline for their business plan.  A student just re-typed the outline I gave them as an example and turned it in.  And then was all offended when I returned his paper with instructions to re-do it.  TASE!  And then there's the 70 year old Frenchwoman in my class that talks over me and everyone else  the entire class period; interrupts everyone and argues constantly.  TASE! TASE! TASE!  Yeah, that one is mean because she's old but dude...she's rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment